Monday, 31 March 2014
Because I was away for a little while on my blog break I feel like there's so much I haven't shared with you, including our Save the Date cards. They're nothing flashy... in fact they're obviously home-made - and I love that! I scoured the internet for ages looking for inspiration for something a little bit different. I went back and forth between a few ideas, but in the end opted for something relatively simple. I found the picture on Pinterest and just had to use it as it's just full of personality!
The most difficult part of the process was carving my own rubber stamp with the text you can see on the back of the postcards. Oh my days it took ages! But that wasn't the only painful thing about it - I knew that if I went wrong at any point I would have to start completely from scratch. No thanks to that!! I also didn't realise how small some of the text actually was... it wasn't the easiest craft task I've set myself; there may have been a few swear words, but I got there in the end (with only a few minor mistakes).
After painting a spotty border, printing the back (I wanted to print the text with white ink, but that ended up being far too much trouble than it was worth - and the results were not great!) and sticking the cheeky wedding pic to the front they were good to go. Just sprinkle a bit of home-made confetti in the envelope, stick a stamp on and voilà. A good effort by all I'd say (thanks Floyd).
Wednesday, 19 March 2014
Are you feeling it? Spring is in the air and suddenly I'm drawn towards muted shades and pastels, floral everything and pops of colour. I'm loving these bright mornings - what a difference it makes having actual sunlight when you wake up! My energy levels are rising and with it a desire to eat more green food. Spring is the season of new beginnings after all, so I'm embracing the natural desire to refresh my system. Smoothie maker here I come!
Friday, 14 March 2014
About a month ago I turned 30 (yikes!). I had a little freak-out at the time, but I'm feeling okay about it now... mostly. As is my yearly tradition, I have made myself a new list of goals to accomplish before my next birthday. See my past ones here, here and here.
As is also tradition, I'm sharing it here with you in the hope it'll give me some extra incentive. I've not fully completed a list yet, but here goes...
1. Create a routine - in the hope of getting a few simple things done.
2. Find 'the dress' - no, I still haven't found my wedding dress. Time is ticking...
3. Enjoy the gym - I joined in December and really need to work on my fitness.
4. De-clutter - kind of standard, but necessary nonetheless.
5. Keep in touch - I am the worst at this.
6. vintage shopping - I love this and want to do more.
7. Make cake - I got loads of cake maing stuff for Xmas and want to crack it out.
8. Go to the llama farm - a personal ambition of mine since discovering there is one near Sheffield.
9. Clean eating - less processed foods = healthier lifestyle.
10. Read before bed - to get me back into reading regularly.
11. Worry less - harder than it seems.
12. Practice ukelele - I taught myself as a previous birthday goal... now I need to practice.
13. Make paper/fabric flowers - possible wedding project.
14. Cut down on meat - for mine and the planet's benefit.
15. Home videos - my new camera has video (!)
16. Craft my wedding - saves money, adds personality and is fun!
17. Rotate my wardrobe - I always end up wearing the same things. I plan to change this.
18. Betty portraits - well, she is gorgeous.
19. Eat local produce - another effort to help the planet (and local economy).
20. Purge my craft supplies - I have too much stuff!
21. Weaving - I bought a lap-loom ages ago and haven't used it yet.
22. Spa Sundays - taking the time each week to pamper myself.
23. Less personal shopping - in an effort to save money and cleanse my wardrobe.
24. Stop my bad habit - since I was a litte girl I have chewed the skin in my mouth. I really, really want to stop.
25. Find a new home - our flat is lovely, but mouldy.
26. Get back into yoga - a past hobby I would like to revisit
27. Use less heat on my hair - I'm trying to grow it.
28. Refocus logii - something I have neglected recently :(
29. Experiment with tofu - there are so many possibilities
30. More craft fairs - one down, more to go.
So there you have it. I'll try and update as often as I can with my progress. Do you do anything similar? I love making lists!
Sunday, 9 March 2014
...I've been testing out my new camera and the verdict is - I love it! It's been an enjoyable weekend here in Sheffield. Lots of good food, reading in the park, getting dressed up for date night as well as dressed down for comfy Sunday. Pretty much perfect. I also managed to get a new blanket started - bonus.
I watched this film on Friday. It was fun and an easy watch - you'll like it if you enjoyed Love Actually (although not as good in my opinion). It's always good to veg out to some light-hearted comedy, but I'm ready to immerse myself in something more serious next time. I'm thinking either Melancholia, Capote or Amour for my next watch. Any recommendations?
Tuesday, 4 March 2014
This week has been an optimistic one for me. I’ve started blogging again (yay!) which has given me a great feeling of motivation for all sorts of areas in my life. I wrote a new birthday list the other week (as it was my birthday), and I’m keen to get cracking with it! The sun is out for longer, which always makes things a little easier and is giving me much needed energy. I also have a new camera, so am feeling really excited about using it at every opportunity.
I feel that in life your energy, creativity and inspiration naturally ebbs and flows and it seems I’m going through a stage of positivity – which can sometimes be difficult at this gloomy time of year. I’m so excited for the year ahead… I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be the best year ever!