Wednesday 13 February 2013

Patterned Paradise (in my wardrobe)


A quick glimpse into a section of my wardrobe and you'll see I have a tendency towards pattern.  It's true I love a good mismatch when it comes to layered outfits, but I'm afraid I'm lacking in basics and neutrals - rookie mistake.  In an attempt to make things easier for myself and with last years goal to 'find my style' coming to a conclusion, I keep trying to minimise my wardrobe by donating as many items as I feel capable of parting with... easier said than done!

The struggle goes on.  I will continue to streamline my wardrobe by asking myself these questions:

- what does this go with?
- when will I wear this?
- do I feel good wearing this?
- does it fit in with 'my style'?

I know there is so much more I could do with the choices I have, but I keep slipping back into my lazy ways of wearing what's clean/ironed/comfortable rather than planning my outfit and making the most of what I have.  Things need to change around here!

Rant over.

1 comment:

  1. what lovely patterns you have! i can absolutely relate. that is how i still have clothes from 6 or 7 years ago (: i like the questions, although it's always nice to keep one or two things that are extra unique and don't quite fit in with the rest of your style. you know, for those days/evenings when you are feeling a little crazy (: good luck on your closet cleaning!
    sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day!