Monday 1 October 2012

Beans


I recently mentioned that I have been told I have a wheat intolerance.  Since I discovered this I have been cutting down on the amount of bread and pasta that I eat (which was really hard!) and eating other alternatives such as quinoa, chickpeas and beans.  Although it was difficult cutting down on the carbs, I'm quite glad that I was given a reason to do it because I have been feeling so much better since.  I still treat myself to the odd crumpet or bowl of pasta, but to be honest I'm not missing carbs as much as I thought I would - and beans are so versatile, cheap, tasty and let's be honest quite pretty too.

Do you have any good bean recipes?

4 comments:

  1. I don't have any bean recipes, but I love lentils! Just boil them with half a stock cube in some water, then add anything! I love them with some smoked salmon and creme fraiche.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds delicious! Will definitely give that one a go.

      Delete
  2. PS I nominated you for a Liebster Award! See http://lovelierwords.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You've made my day :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day!